CNRM is the main Météo-France
laboratory in R&D. The open position is to join the remote sensing
division of CNRM laboratory (http://www.umr-cnrm.fr/). CNRM contributes
to the development of the observation of land surfaces at the
continental scale and at the global scale, through in situ and remote
sensing techniques. CNRM has acquired considerable experience in
developing operational algorithms using data from various space missions
(METEOSAT, NOAA, METOP, MTG, EPS-SG, …) and is involved in several
space programs for EUMETSAT (project CDOP3, LSA-SAF), and ECMWF
Objectives of the job position
existing scientific algorithms for retrieval of radiative products
(BRDF, albedo and solar radiation) at the surface level.
improve the atmospheric correction (aerosol), the retrieval of
directional properties, the spectral conversion, and the angular
integrations. Adapt the current algorithms to the past and next
generation of instruments (mainly for the visible and near infrared
- technically: improve the architecture and the performances (calculation cost).
- help IT developers in charge of the computing environment to implement the scientific algorithm in operational systems.
- conduce evaluation studies
- write and update documents of reference (ATBD, Product User Manual, validation).
- check consistency of these developments with those of other projects.
- publish and present the work in international conference.