MARSoluT – Managed Aquifer Recharge Solutions Training Network – is a four-year Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded by the European Commission.
MARSoluT addresses specific technical challenges in the operation of Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) sites on a scientific basis, specifically:
- chemical, biological and hydraulic processes resulting in clogging and reduction of infiltration rates,
- hydrogeochemical processes affecting the water quality, with special focus on micropollutants,
- performance monitoring and modelling, including reactive transport models to predict the fate of pathogens and emerging pollutants, and
- implications of the processes mentioned above on the technical design of MAR projects in the frame of regional flow models and water management plans.
The selected candidates will perform high-level research activities towards a PhD at the network's 10 host institutions, in the frame of individual research projects. For details on the individual research projects and the host institutions please see www.marsolut-itn.eu. The selected candidates are expected to attend training courses and join further tasks within the network, e.g. supporting project workshop organisation, participating in dissemination activities etc.
Skills and qualifications:
- University degree (master) in geosciences, hydrology, engineering, environmental sciences or related fields, not older than 4 years
- Experience in laboratory work and modelling
- Knowledge in Managed Aquifer Recharge technology would be an advantage
- Good team player with excellent communication skills and should be willing to travel abroad for secondments, training courses and other meetings/workshops
- High proficiency in English
- Further information
How to apply:
For application, please download and complete the application form from the network's webpage and send it, together with all relevant documents as mentioned on the form, to Dr. Annette Wefer-Roehl.