Deadline 31 May 2019
The Copernicus Hackathon Programme, financed by the European Commission, brings together developers, entrepreneurs and topic-specific experts to develop new applications based on Copernicus Earth observation (EO) data and services. Copernicus Hackathons gives people all over Europe the chance to come together and explore many application fields here on Earth with free and open space data from Copernicus.
Get 20,000 EUR from the EU to organise a Copernicus Hackathon in your region!
Does your organisation support innovation and entrepreneurs? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you: organise a Copernicus Hackathon. This brand-new initiative, financed by the European Commmission, will bring together developers, entrepreneurs and topic-specific experts to develop new applications based on Copernicus Earth observation (EO) data and services. For each hackathon, the European Commission will finance 85% of your costs, up to EUR 20,000.
What could your Copernicus Hackathon look like?
- Create your own hackathon event format!
- Create an unforgettable training and coding experience with young developers and entrepreneurs
- Choose the thematic area of your hackathon (e.g. agriculture, sustainable development, forestry, raw material…) which best suits your interest
- Ensure that the hackathon is embedded in the local, national and/or European Copernicus eco-system, bringing new players, such as large companies, public authorities, universities and research centres to increase your communication outreach and the quality of the hackathon.
- Involve your partners actively in your event format
Why Copernicus Hackathons?
- Boost the use of Copernicus data and EO in Europe
- Support the development of applications that address societal challenges such as climate change or natural disasters
- Spot the next-generation of space entrepreneurs, and help them get their business off the ground
The third application phase is open now with a new cut-off date of 31 May 2019 (11:59 am CEST).