About the company
GAF AG is a global company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than 200 highly qualified employees GAF AG offers geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
About the Role
The Business Manager will
- report to the Sector Unit Head.
- lead on business and financial aspects in the pan-tropical forest management domain with the aim to ensure financial sustainability and profits are achieved for GAF. This includes reviewing specific projects or investment opportunities.
- be highly involved in business development by raising GAF’s profile with potential clients through your existing network and representing GAF at regional/national/international organisations and events.
- lead to assess, develop, implement strategically important and complex proposals, including structuring of the GAF team and wider industry consortium.
- oversee and implement complex programmes related to REDD+, Sustainable Forest Management, Land Use and Natural Resources Management. This will include responsibility for standard project management processes including preparation and management of project plans, GANTT charts, work packages, risk registers, quality control processes and budgets.
- manage a team of both GAF staff and external freelancers, ensuring those teams are directed and coordinated, with feedback and support provided as needed.
- ensure that GAF remains world-class in the tropical forest management domain. This will include providing expert advice on policy issues related to REDD+, Zero Deforestation etc, monitoring and improving defined project management methods, and development of technical specifications.
- be based in Munich and is expected to conduct travel to national and international clients as required.