About the company
GAF AG is a global company with leading expertise in the development of geo-information products and services. Since its founding in 1985, the company has developed a broad geoscience portfolio. With more than 200 highly qualified employees GAF AG offers geo-data, data processing, geographic information systems, database applications, software development, consulting and project management as well as development assistance.
About the Role
The Project Task Manager will
- report to the Business Manager
- support the Business Manager in the implementation of technical projects/Programmes and/or projects funded by donors for developing countries.
- manage Earth Observation product-oriented projects, related to REDD+, Sustainable Forest Management, Land Use and Natural Resources Management. Including planning, implementation and control of the project goals and delivering work packages.
- translate client requirements into technical workflows and processes in close collaboration with the Technology Manager and manage technical Teams for implementation.
- balance and prioritise resources to ensure scope, budget and time are controlled.
- ensure compliance with quality guidelines, standards, processes.
- be responsible for economical and technically adequate management of technical resources.
- support the Business Manager in communicating with clients via training workshops, seminars, presentations, meetings and high-quality documentation.
- support the Business Manager in business development activities including winning new client projects and proposal writing.
- use scientific methods based on state-of-the-art EO technologies in Projects.
- provide appropriate, relevant economic evaluation of information, data and algorithms.
- support the Business Manager in researching and undertaking policy analysis on programmatic and international and national policy issues related to REDD+, Zero Deforestation, and Sustainable Forest Management (SFM).
- support the Business Manager in business development activities by reviewing specific projects or investment opportunities within the Tropical Forest, REDD+ and Land Use Programmes, providing supporting in proposal writing and communication with consortium partners.
- be based in Munich and is expected to conduct travel to national and international clients as required.