Running from 29 August to 3 September 2022
- Conference dates: 29 August – 3 September 2022
- Deadline for abstract submission: May 31, 2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance: July 8th, 2022
- Registration open: July 1st, 2022
- Early bird registration: before July 15, 2022
ForestSAT is a non-profit professional organization created to promote the application of spatial analysis technologies in forestry. ForestSAT strives to facilitate cooperation among research organizations, universities, government agencies, and the private sector to foster a science-based understanding of how spatial analysis technologies can describe and monitor forested ecosystems. Recognized is an inherent need to integrate data from multiple remote sensing systems, field-based observations, and other spatial information, using a variety of approaches. Numerous uses of spatial data are relevant, from addressing the needs of local forest managers, to informing forest ecosystem models, to establishing monitoring systems in support of international agreements.
The following objectives are specific to ForestSAT’s overall purpose:
- To promote the exchange of ideas and information about the use of remote sensing in forested ecosystems.
- To promote interest in the use of remote sensing in forested ecosystems.
- To demonstrate applications of spatial data derived from earth observation analysis to characterize current forest condition and past changes.
- To promote the cooperation between the spatial analysis and forest science communities
- To support an ongoing series of conferences related to spatial analysis technologies in forestry.