The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam - GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is seeking a postdoctoral research scientist to work in the frame of the CAWa-Green project, which is part of the "Green Central Asia" initiative of the Federal Foreign Office of Germany. The postdoctoral research scientist will focus on the improved quantification of water resources in the Central Asian region in terms of Snow Water Equivalent (SWE) and water storage variations from GRACE and GRACE-FO time-variable gravity data. The expected outcomes should support the operational monitoring of available water resources and the policy dialog in Central Asia by disseminating project results to regional water organizations.
- quantifying Snow Water Equivalent (SWE) using in-situ and globally available data (e.g. form, remote sensing, reanalyses)
- assimilation of remote sensing data (e.g. Snow Cover Area) in the modelling of SWE
- evaluation and validation of SWE e.g. with, in-situ and GRACE/GRACE-FO gravity data
- contribution in the development of policy briefs using the modelling results
- presentation of results at scientific meetings and publication in peer-reviewed journals
- compiling operational project reports and deliverables