As an R&D expert biophysical modeling for ecosystem accounting you will be part of a new but very ambitious Natural Capital Accounting team with outstanding scientists. You will contribute to challenging projects for initially governments, and at a later stage also companies.
- Developing ecosystem accounting toolboxes through combining remote sensing data with statistical datasets;
- Implementing toolboxes in linux and python to run at continental scale;
- Leading an Natural Capital Accounting project or subproject in collaboration with the NCA coordinator;
- Support writing of new project proposals;
- Writing of scientific publications.
- Minimum of university degree or post-graduate (M.Sc.) with experience in Environmental Science, Biological Sciences or related discipline of relevance to ecosystem services and Natural Capital Accounting
- At least five years of professional experience with minimal three years’ experience in managing projects or leading work packages
- A strong background in computational modelling along with working knowledge of GIS, remote sensing, biodiversity or hydrology
- Knowledge of Python and Linux is a must, knowledge of monetary ecosystem asset is a surplus
- High developed geospatial statistical and analytical skills are essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent liaison and coordination skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills including an ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of English is must, Spanish or French is a surplus