About the organisation
EUMETSAT is Europe's meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year We are currently looking for an experienced Remote Sensing Scientist to join our international team of young and inspiring engineers and industry professionals, tasked with driving innovation within the Space, Satellite and Earth Observation sector.
This role is routed in the mission of EUMETSAT and will provide the opportunity to work with leading IT, Space and Earth Observation organisations and domain experts to make a positive impact on society!
About your role
The Remote Sensing Scientist - Optical Imaging is responsible for the validation and quality monitoring of Level-2 products extracted from EUMETSAT optical imaging instrument data, prototyping candidate algorithms for new or improved Level-2 products and supporting the development of operational processors implementing the selected algorithms.
- Support the validation and quality monitoring of Level-2 products extracted from optical imaging instrument data;
- Lead the development of software tools for validation, quality monitoring and visualization of Level-2 products extracted from optical imaging instrument data;
- Actively interact and cooperate with the operational user community of products provided by EUMETSAT to understand requirements for new or improved Level-2 products and their intended applications;
- Cooperate with the science community and international partners and conduct or manage scientific studies aimed at evaluating candidate algorithms for the extraction of new or improved Level-2 products;
- Support the development and maintenance of prototype processing software implementing selected algorithms for the extraction of new or improved Level-2 products;
- Support the implementation and validation of operational processors implementing algorithms for the extraction of new or improved Level-2 products in the relevant operational ground segments, making use of the contracted services;
- Plan, manage and execute validation campaigns for new or improved Level-2 products from optical imaging missions and provide validation reports.