The Geological Survey of Norway (NGU) has a vacancy for a permanent position as a scientific researcher in geochemistry. The position is within the geochemistry and hydrogeology group. We are looking for a well-qualified and motivated scientist who can also participate with fieldwork under Norwegian conditions.
Applicants should possess a PhD degree and minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
The successful candidate possesses the following areas of expertise:
- General good knowledge of applied geochemical methods.
- Regional geochemical mapping strategies.
- Experience with multimedia mapping for increased understanding of the processes causing the circulation of elements between geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere and the atmosphere.
- Experience in the use of digital data, GIS and other software, including scripting (R, Python etc.) for geological applications is an advantage.
- Good cooperation skills, interdisciplinary working strategies, originality, interest for fieldwork and the ability to initiate and chair projects are emphasized.
The successful candidate must be able to contribute towards communicating and publishing NGU's data to national and international research environments, and to society in general. Anyone who is appointed must master (or be willing to learn) Norwegian language both orally and in writing. Good English skills are a necessity.
The candidate must have a driver's license for a car.