COMET is the UK Natural Environment Research Council's Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics. They are a collaboration of scientists using satellite Earth Observation to investigate tectonic and volcanic processes and hazards.
They are seeking candidates for six postdoctoral positions in Leeds and Oxford, working with scientists across COMET:
- COMET Research Fellow in Strain Mapping with Satellite Geodesy (Leeds), closing date 17 April 2019.
- InSAR Scientist and Facility Developer (Leeds), closing date 30 April 2019.
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Satellite Measurement of SO2 and Volcanic Ash (Oxford), closing date 20 May 2019.
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Satellite Remote Sensing of Volcanic Ash (Oxford), closing date 20 May 2019.
COMET will also shortly be seeking candidates for two additional positions based at Leeds (details will be available later this month):
- COMET Research Fellow in Earth Observation and Geoinformatics.
- COMET Research Fellow in InSAR and the Digital Environment.