The successful candidate will join the ALTIUS team to take part to the implementation of the ALTIUS ground-based data processors and end-to-end simulator modules under the supervision of the software team leader.
Implement the algorithms defined by the scientific team using the object-oriented paradigm, with a strong emphasis on the code quality, performance and in-code documentation. The development environment is MATLAB, and the target operating system is Linux.
- Increase the coverage of the automated tests and improve the testing environment (e.g. by setting up a continuous integration approach).
- Develop ad-hoc software tools whenever the need arises.
- Participate in the technical documentation of the project.
- Attend technical meetings with ESA and industrial partners.
- Support the preparation of technical offers in response to ESA invitations to tender.
- Possesses a master’s degree in computer sciences or software engineering. Alternatively, masters in mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, or similar disciplines displaying professional experience in software development are also welcome to apply.
- Is at ease with the object-oriented approach to software development.
- Feels comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Is able to produce technical documentation in English.
- Has a strong interest for software engineering in general, and for the development of large, technical applications in a multi-team environment.
- Is committed to producing high-quality software.