During the last years, many activities, operational and research, have been developed to support the Common Agricultural Policy using Copernicus infrastructure, data or services.
The goal of the workshop is:
- to assess the current state of play related to the use of Copernicus for Agriculture and for the support to the Common Agricultural Policy,
- to present the proposed evolution of Copernicus data and services under the new Space Regulation,
- to collect success stories and needs from stakeholders including COM DG’s, Member States and at Farmer level, and
- to invite stakeholders to discuss potential improvement in the support that Copernicus can bring to the Common Agricultural Policy including in the conduction of research on specific topics.
The workshop takes place in the context of the European Green Deal and of the support to the related policies, including the “Farm to Fork” and “Biodiversity” strategies.
With different sessions, the workshop will cover the main Copernicus contribution areas to the Common Agricultural Policy:
- Agriculture Market Monitoring,
- Area Monitoring & Control System,
- Environment-Climate change,
- Farmers level support.