What is Sharing Geoscience Online?
EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online (#shareEGU20) brings part of the activities of the EGU General Assembly 2020 online. From 4 to 8 May 2020 (CEST) everyone can join us for their favourite sessions. Please have a look on our EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online page and follow EGU's social media accounts and hashtags for more information.
Participation in EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online does not require payment of a registration fee. For uploads of presentation materials and commenting, authors and participants only need to have a Copernicus user account. Viewing abstracts and presentation materials does not require any authentication. Participating in text-based session chat channels requires the provision of a nickname and your email address. To organize your participation, please consider preparing your personal programme. To learn more about the chat channels, please see our page on how to use the chats.
What is on during Sharing Geoscience Online?
- Scientific sessions: download presentation materials, discuss through public commenting, and participate in live text-based chats. More information on the scientific sessions' page.
- Union symposia: 5 interactive webinars discuss overarching and interdisciplinary topics of EGU-wide interest.
- Great debates: join in the debate of 5 current discussion topics in the geosciences.
- Short courses: each day one or two short courses are available as webinars.
- Townhall meetings: join in the discussion of new initiatives and opportunities of geoscientific interest via live, text-based chat.
- Photo Competition: vote in the online EGU Photo Competition.
- #shareEGUart: follow our online artists, Stacy Phillips and Priyanka Das Rajkakati, and share your own creativity around your research with the hashtag #shareEGUart.
- Division meetings: update yourself on division news and give feedback.
- Networking events: meet your colleagues.