To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities within an established research programme and/or specific research project.
This post is for a PDRA Grade 7 in the research project PRE-CAX. The PRE-CAX project (Predicting future climate extremes in China by blending predictive performance of generalized linear models with causal network discovery) will investigate the potential improvement and development of tools for climate services to future extremes.
- Work within specified research grants and projects and contribute to writing bids
- Operate within area of specialism
- Analyse and interpret research findings and results
- Contribute to generating funding
- Contribute to licensing or spin out deals with demonstrated commercial success (such as revenues, asset or company sales, IP generated) and/or public understanding of the discipline or similar
Main duties and responsibilities
The responsibilities may include some but not all of the responsibilities outlined below.
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research, with assistance of a mentor if required
- Contribute to writing bids for research funding
- Analyse and interpret data
- Apply knowledge in a way which develops new intellectual understanding
- Disseminate research findings for publication, research seminars etc
- Supervise students on research related work and provide guidance to PhD students where appropriate to the discipline
- Contribute to developing new models, techniques and methods
- Undertake management/administration arising from research
- Contribute to Departmental/School research-related activities and research-related administration
- Contribute to enterprise, business development and/or public engagement activities of manifest benefit to the College and the University, often under supervision of a project leader