Within the HYPERNETS project funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, a new hyperspectral radiometer will be developed. The spectrometers will be integrated in automated networks of water and land bidirectional reflectance measurements for satellite validation. HYPERNETS is a collaborative project involving 7 european partners.
As part of the subproject lead by GFZ you will be responsible for satellite data processing and validation of land applications of the HYPERNETS system. You will operate prototype sensors at the TERENO NE Lowland Observatory DEMMIN, an international Cal/Val site for remote sensing.
- development of a validation protocol and plan for land products
- development of multi-mission validation of land products
- multi-mission vicarious calibration of satellite Level 1 data
- operation of HYPERNETS prototype instruments at DEMMIN test field
- work as part of a multi-institutional team
- present results at scientific meetings and publish results in scientific journals
- representation of the GFZ in the HYPERNETS consortium