GAF AG is a renowned, innovative and internationally successful company based in Munich (Germany). With its about 230 highly qualified employees, GAF has leading expertise in the area of interdisciplinary geoinformation technology.
GAF is working in the tropical forest monitoring (including mangrove) domain using high-resolution and very high-resolution satellite data, to support countries with assessing deforestation rates for national and international policy processes. The technical work is innovate and challenging as the applications are related to different ecosystems and require automated processing chains.
This is an opportunity for a Forester/Ecologist with Remote Sensing experience to further develop his/her technical/project skills and professional career in an international active company. To strengthen our capacities in the field of (semi-) automatic analysis of remote sensing data and the creation and implementation of modular processing chains, we are now looking for motivated experts with a focus on remote sensing, data analysis, optimising and implementing processing chains, with also a strong forestry and environmental background.
- Implementation of modular process chains for forest/land cover thematic image analysis and for supporting automatic evaluation procedures by close communication with our development teams by provision of assistance for further process enhancements
- Support of conceptual development of workflows for automation of image processing process chains (e.g. time- series analysis, bulk image classification)
- Implementation of specific evaluation modules/workflows for thematic image analysis with a focus on optical data and/or SAR, mainly in Python
- Organising and implementing the EO forest/land cover product generation under consideration of budget, schedule and resources
- Implementation of Quality Control and Quality Assurance of output products
- Support of project reporting and documentation of workflows and tools