As a software engineer you work on projects situated in a context of Belgian space programs, the European space Agency and the European Commission. You are a driver in an ecosystem of earth observation and big data platforms and ensure agile development of worklows within the existing testing and automation frameworks to performant operational services.
You will work within an agile scrum team of solution architects, software developers and operation engineers. Together you will be responsible for development, test automation and the maintenance of satellite data processing systems. You execute the internal vision and roadmap on big data and processing platforms.
You'll become part of a talented, dedicated team working in a fast-paced, challenging international environment. The people at VITO thrive to develop cutting edge technologies that will be used in applications and services by a broad public, industry, the public sector and universities.
The Remote Sensing unit of VITO processes petabytes of earth observation data. They primarily specialise in Big Data analysis with the use of machine learning and deep learning techniques in the application workflows. That is their passion: the extraction of information from the vast amounts of incoming images. Information required by their clients. Their extensive group of clients can be found within the domains of land use, civil infrastructure, agriculture, forestry, water management, heritage and ecological development.
- Develop efficient algorithms, models and proof of concepts
- Create production software components, analytics applications and data visualization.
- Develop CI system to ensure the system meets business requirements
- Work together with architects, subject matter experts and product owners
- Provide support on customer issues
- Together with the team, take responsibility over the operational platforms