The Training Officer will report to the Training Manager within the User Support and Climate Services Division.
The team of training officers works across several application domains. This new post will focus on user training and outreach activities in support of national services' exploitation of the future EUMETSAT missions (MTG and EPS-SG) for application in nowcasting and short-range forecasting. The target audiences will be operational staff, application developers and scientists.
- To design, deliver and evaluate training courses, for forecasters, scientists and application developers that enable the exploitation of EUMETSAT data in operational forecasting;
- To build the network of subject matter experts that supports the implementation of the training activities;
- To provide thematic leadership within the networks of external contributors and users, providing high quality advice on potential application pathways in Nowcasting and Short-range Numerical Weather Prediction (i.e. where they add most value in the forecasting process);
- To support EUMETSAT partners and relevant projects in terms of guidance and, particularly EUMeTrain, who contribute to user training;
- Contribute directly and with user contributions to the EUMETSAT website topical images & case studies library;
- To interact with the user relations team on feedback from users, and support relevant follow up;
- Supporting the definition and development of new systems and services by providing advice on the application conditions of the users;
- This role requires expertise in operational meteorology as well as training.