Within the Clouds and aerosol Competence Area (ClA-CA) of the Remote Sensing and Products Division (RSP), the Remote Sensing Scientist – 3MI Polarimetry will work on the extraction of radiance, polarisation, aerosol and cloud products from observations of the Multi-viewing, Multi-channel, Multi-polarisation Imager (3MI) instrument to be flown on future EUMETSAT Metop-SG satellites.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise on the processing and analysis of 3MI instrument data, including the co-registration of 3MI images, in support of environment monitoring and forecasting applications and climate applications;
- Support the development, prototyping and validation of agreed "Day 1" 3MI radiance, polarisation, aerosol and cloud products, focussing initially on radiance, polarisation and cloud products and continuing with aerosol products;
- Contribute to calibration, validation, and monitoring of 3MI radiance, polarisation, aerosol and cloud products, in collaboration with mission partners and the scientific and user communities;
- Contribute to the detailed formulation of requirements for new or enhanced 3MI products in response to the needs of user communities;
- Support the development, prototyping and validation of new or enhanced 3MI products;
- Based on interactions with the scientific and user communities, contribute to the advancement of the understanding of innovative measurements of cloud and aerosol properties and related products and to the preparation and development of their applications;
- Support interactions with mission and international partners.