About Ghent University
Ghent University (UGent) is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities (in Dutch) at the department of Geography, specifically in courses in geomatics and geography.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
What UGent is looking for
- You hold (preferably) a degree of Master of Science in Geomatics and Surveying or Master of Science in Geography or a subject considered relevant by the selection committee or equivalent.
- For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or projectbased research and services in geographic information.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.