The Department of Geography / Faculty of Sciences / University of Liege is opening an academic position in GIS.
- PhD in geomatics or similar developing high-level research in geographic information systems or in close connection with this field.
- The candidate must demonstrate skills in spatial analysis and spatial databases.
- International research experience is an asset.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate teaching skills in specialised subjects related to his/her research profile but also in basic subjects (bachelor's level) related to the multiple uses of geographic information systems (vector and gridded data), especially in spatial analysis.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate his/her ability to give lectures in French (at least at the bachelor level).
- Practical experience in the development of geographic information systems or spatial data infrastructures would be an additional asset.
September 1, 2021
Candidates are requested to send their applications electronically to Postesacademiques@uliege.be with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2021 at the latest.
Full description can be found here.