IF@ULB, is a European postdoctoral programme cofunded by the Université Libre de Bruxelles and the European commission within the framework of Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions, H2020), open to international postdoctoral researchers in all fields of research.
The current call (the second of three) opens 21 IF@ULB positions in one of the ULB research centres.
Duration of the funding is 24 months.
- Holders of a PhD degree obtained max. 7 years before the call deadline, or applicants without a PhD, provided they have documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years prior to the call deadline. (An eligibility extension of 15 weeks per child is granted in case of maternity.)
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the 3 years preceding the call deadline.
In this context, the ANAGEO lab is currently looking for motivated candidates interested in conducting post-doctoral research in one or several of the following fields:
- land-use/land-cover mapping
- population estimation
- socioeconomic analysis
- risk/vulnerability analysis
- 3D modelling from VHR imagery or airphotos (including UAV)
About the science
The research will be carried out using one or a mix of the following approaches:
- Object-Based Image Analysis (especially applied to VHR)
- Deep learning
- Fusion of SAR and optical imagery
- Geospatial modelling and analysis
The lab focuses on HR/VHR imagery processing (including UAV) and big data processing, and would particularly welcome applications in such fields.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to propose a research subject in link with their past experiences and skills, related to one or a combination of the above topics. Since the proposal will be evaluated on different criteria (see here), including the "transfer of knowledge between the researcher and the hosting group" and "Enhancing the perspective of new research and collaboration opportunities for the hosting group and beyond", please check the publications of the lab's head, Eléonore Wolff, to ensure the synergy with their research. In a first stage, please provide only a short description of your proposal (1 page maximum).
The research proposal can be sent to Moritz.Lennert@ulb.ac.be, before the 15th of August 2019. The call deadline is the 1st of October 2019 for a start of the funded projects between April and October 2020.