Deadline 31 december 2019
GIM is helping public and private customers understanding and better managing our changing environment. GIM is focusing on the development of integrated solutions for processing and analyzing in an automated way large volumes of satellite, aerial or drone images. We deliver solutions across the environmental, agricultural and urban sectors and are specialized in high and very high resolution satellite imagery, automated features extraction, customized land use and land cover mapping and change detection.
GIM is looking for a Project Manager Earth Observation with hands on experience and knowledge of bid management.
In your role as bid manager you are responsible for:
- Ensuring that the customer needs are perfectly understood and translated into technical and functional requirements.
- Leading and coordinating all activities related to the offering phase (qualification of the request, conceptual design of the methodology, elaboration of the work plan and budget, bid preparation and support to bid defense and closing the deal).
- Making sure the offer is written and submitted on time, meeting the selection criteria.
- Driving all content of offers and ensuring communication with the client to deliver a proposal, meeting his needs. Therefore, you closely collaborate and follow-up with the Architect and the Analysts so the most efficient solution is designed.
In your role as Project Manager you are responsible for:
- Planning and following up the progress of the project: tasks, deliverables and documentation according to the offered specifications.
- Optimizing overall GIM resources planning and coordinating with the customer and project partners to stay within the scope, time and budget and mitigate when necessary.
- You are a pro in achieving an excellent customer experience and make sure every stakeholder (internal and external) is adequately informed at every point of the project.
- Regularly reporting on projects results towards the customer and listening to his evolving needs in order to develop future opportunities.
- Initiating, coaching, growing and steering the project team with respect to the project delivery activities and the project team member’s commitment and ownership. You are capable of challenging the team on methodologies/technologies and participate where necessary in the execution.
- Understanding and optimizing the project’s impact on the team KPI’s.
- Actively participating in the continuous improvement of GIM’s PM process by sharing experiences, lessons learned, and undertaking actions in line with Plan/do/check/act.
- You hold a master in science or engineering.
- You have a track record of successful EO projects acquisition and proven proposal writing experience for both public (e.g. Belgian funding agencies, ESA, EC, IFI’s, etc) and private customers (industry).
- You have minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in international EO Project Management with State of the art expertise in EO technologies and automated image processing methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Object-Based Image Analysis within eCognition or relevant open source solution is an asset.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence methodologies and tools and practical experience with deep learning implementation is a serious plus.
- You are customer oriented and able to unite customers’ and GIM’s interests.
- You are a creative person able to think out-of-the-box and to contribute to the conceptual design of the image processing solution.
- You are able to lead and motivate a team consisting of an architect/experts and EO analysts.
- You are very well organized, structured and able to think ahead. You are attentive to budget and time constraints and Risk Management has no secrets for you.
- Planning, monitoring and controlling progress, delivering and reporting are your second nature.
- You are able to identify opportunities for improvement, follow-up projects and innovation.
- You can express yourself in English, and have a knowledge of French or Dutch.
- You are self-motivated, energetic and action oriented team player.
- You are resilient and flexible with the ability to adapt to change.
GIM is not only convinced that their people make the difference; they show it by involving them and welcoming new ideas.
GIM offers a divers role in a dynamic and innovative organization with good work conditions and a great team. Off course this is added by great development and career opportunities and a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Are you interested in this challenge? Please send you resume and motivation with reference ‘Project Manager & Bid manager EO’ to Brenda Vandenberghe via email@example.com.