For a number of years, GAF has been heavily involved in the production of land cover layers for large areas based on high-resolution and very high-resolution satellite data, and the development of processing chains in this context that are as automated as far as possible. Further areas of focus in the development of automated process chains relate to the monitoring of forest areas in context of climate change REDD+ projects and national forest monitoring systems. This is an opportunity for a Remote Sensing Specialist for Forest Monitoring Tasks looking to further develop his/her technically specific career in an international active company. To strengthen our capacities in the field of (semi-)automatic analysis of remote sensing data and the creation and implementation of modular processing chains, we are now looking for motivated experts with a focus on remote sensing, data analysis, optimising and implementing processing chains, with also a strong forestry and environmental background.
GAF AG seeks such experts to support its geo-spatial monitoring projects with a special focus on land use and forest monitoring projects in developing countries.
- Implementation of modular process chains for thematic image analysis and for supporting automatic evaluation procedures by close communication with our development teams by provision of assistance for further process enhancements
- Support of conceptual development of workflows for automatisation of image processing process chains (e.g. time-series analysis, bulk image classification)
- Implementation of specific evaluation modules/workflows for thematic image analysis with a focus on optical data and/or SAR, mainly in Python (or R)
- Organising and implementing the EO product generation under consideration of budget, schedule and resources
- Implementation of Quality Control and Quality Assurance of output products
- Support of project reporting and documentation of workflows and tools