SPACEBEL is a software engineering company that has grown in the Space sector to become a recognised provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services. Their Earth Observation Applications Business Unit provides and manages Earth observation services and geographic information systems.
The main activities of the department are:
- Development and supply of services based on satellite and drone imagery for forestry and agriculture;
- Development and supply of services for risk management (floods, storms, ground movements, ...)
- Applications based on hyperspectral, multispectral, thermal, radar, high and medium spatial resolution and drone images.
An outline of your main responsibilities and duties :
- Automate and/or execute recurrent satellite and drone image analysis processes;
- Develop and/or optimise algorithms for the use of hyperspectral, multispectral, thermal and radar satellite imagery and especially the Sentinel constellation (1 and 2);
- Develop and maintain automatic processing chains for information extraction from satellite data;
- Providing information related to agriculture, forestry, risk management (floods, disasters, ground movements, etc.);
- Participate in Walloon and international projects;
- Represent the Business Unit at national and international conferences.