Published on 28 April 2020
ESA Education is launching Expedition: Home, a one-stop website for kids and parents to do fun space-based activities and keep learning while at home.
The minisite features plenty of activities for three age ranges: 3-6, 6-12 and 12-18 years old.
With Expedition: Home, you and your family will be able to:
- Try a special selection of hands-on space activities: Build, Experiment, Move, Watch, Draw & Colour, Program, and Explore;
- Have fun with Paxi, our alien mascot, with interactive media and mini-lessons for the younger explorers ;
- Meet an ESA expert each week and learn about their fascinating work;
- Participate in the special home edition of school projects, running from 12 May to 4 September:
- Moon Camp @ home: create a 3D model of a lunar base where astronauts can live and explore;
- Climate detectives @ home: monitor our planet from home and investigate climate using a satellite image;
- CADSat @ home: Plan a scientific mission and 3D design your very own mini satellite which has to fit the size of a soda can;
- Participate in the Weekly Space Challenges, running from 12 May to 4 September:
- #SpaceCodingChallenge: ESA needs your coding skills to program a game and help Paxi accomplish his space missions;
- #TrainLikeAnAstronaut challenge: it’s time to get up, move our bodies, and train like an astronaut! Complete physical activities to practice your agility, endurance, coordination, and strength.