IRSNB/KBIN - Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
Vautierstraat 29 Rue Vautier 29
1000 Brussel Bruxelles
Show on map
- University / Research institute
- Administration / Public institute
Institut royal des Sciences naturelles de Belgique - Koninklijk Belgisch Instituut voor Natuurwetenschap
The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences is a Belgian Federal State institution.
It is involved in important scientific research activities and carries out public service missions. It is open to everyone through the Museum of Natural Sciences.
Basic scientific research:
- scientific research in the area of the natural sciences, mainly concerned with the study of evolution, diversity, and ecosystems. Scientific service:
- scientific support provided to public and private institutions and bodies involved in the management of the natural heritage, in particular in the application of conventions and regional, federal, European, and international legislation. Heritage:
- the management and development, in the areas already referred to, of collections, databanks, libraries, and specialised archives, constituting a resource at national and international level. Museum:
- the development and promotion of the Museum of Natural Sciences with its permanent and temporary exhibitions and various other educational activities as key instruments for the spreading of scientific knowledge.