BELAIR is a Belgian STEREO initiative which was set up monitor a number of study sites in Belgium with as many types of different data as possible. Over these sites in-situ data, UAV , airborne imaging and satellite data of different spectral and spatial resolutions are collected a regular intervals.
The objective is twofold:
- contribute to the calibration and validation of EO missions, data and products;
- foster collaborative research within the Belgian remote sensing community.
Currently 4 subsites are active, each having a separate thematic focus:
- HESBANIA: agriculture and horticulture
- LITORA: coast and biodiversity
- SILVA: forestry and grasslands
- SONIA: urban and forestry
All interested users can apply to download the collected data.