SPACEBEL is a software engineering company that has grown in the Space sector to become a recognised provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services. Their Earth Observation Applications Business Unit provides and manages Earth observation services and geographic information systems.
The main activities of the department are:
- Development and supply of services based on satellite and drone imagery for forestry and agriculture ;
- Development and supply of services for risk management (floods, storms, ground movements, ...) ;
- Applications based on hyperspectral, multispectral, thermal, radar, high and medium spatial resolution and drone images.
As the Business Unit Manager, here is an outline of your main responsibilities and duties :
- Manage the Earth Observation Applications team ;
- Develop the position of SPACEBEL within dedicated market segments ;
- Perform / realise the contracts in order to ensure the business unit profitability ;
- Realise the product development projects in order to improve competitiveness/ increase market penetration.
- Participate in Walloon and international projects ;
- Represent the Business Unit at national and international conferences.