For the first 15 STEREO III papers published, the STEREO programme will pay 1.200 CHF (nearly 50% of the total APC - 2,500 CHF).
Deadline for manuscript submission: 15 July 2022
Special Issue Information
For over 35 years now, Belgian scientists have been turning remote sensing data from the poles to the tropics into actionable information supported by the research program STEREO. This continuous support has enabled the development of a rich scientific community and research infrastructure in Belgium. High spatial, spectral and temporal resolution data is increasingly available from satellites, airplanes, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and terrestrial platforms. In this special issue we aim at collecting papers that
- Illustrate the application and potential of Earth observation tools in the sustainable management of a densely populated country in environments such as agriculture, forests and nature reserves, coasts and cities;
- Demonstrate the capabilities offered by new optical, radar, hyperspectral and Lidar data to study the Earth system; and
- Showcase the benefits of a strong remote sensing community for the calibration/validation of sensors and data analysis tools. Any author affiliated to Belgian institutions is invited to contribute and researchers working in the framework of the STEREO programme are particularly targeted.
Articles already published in this special issue:
- A Semi-Empirical Anisotropy Correction Model for UAS-Based Multispectral Images of Bare Soil. This article covers the results of the DISSUP (Dissemination and support projects) MS-SOC project , linked to the STEREO III project UAVSOIL.
- Assessing Storm Response of Multiple Intertidal Bars Using an Open-Source Automatic Processing Toolbox. This article covers the results of the DISSUP (Dissemination and support projects) project PROTECT, linked to the STEREO III project RS4Mody.
- Harmonization of Multi-Mission High-Resolution Time Series: Application to BELAIR. This article covers the results of the Exploration/Innovation project BELHARMONY.
- Characterizing Garden Greenspace in a Medieval European City: Added Values of Spatial Resolution and Multi-Temporal Stereo Imagery. This article covers the results of the Application project GARMON.
- Soil Moisture Retrieval Using Multistatic L-Band SAR and Effective Roughness Modeling. This article covers the results of the Transversal support project BELSAR_SCIENCE.
- Nitrous Oxide Profiling from Infrared Radiances (NOPIR): Algorithm Description, Application to 10 Years of IASI Observations and Quality Assessment. This article covers the results of the PRODEX Hyperspectral atmospheric IR Sounding mission (HIRS) project.
- Impact of Drought on Isoprene Fluxes Assessed Using Field Data, Satellite-Based GLEAM Soil Moisture and HCHO Observations from OMI. This article covers the results of the Exploration/Innovation STEREO III project ALBERI and the BRAIN-be 2.0 project EQUATOR.
Green Area Index and Soil Moisture Retrieval in Maize Fields Using Multi-Polarized C- and L-Band SAR Data and the Water Cloud Model. This article covers the results of the Transversal support project BELSAR_SCIENCE.