Organisation: European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)
The objective of the MOOC is to train a wider community on the impact and use of Machine Learning in numerical weather and climate predictions. It brings together experts throughout Member and Co-operating States and beyond to provide a shared vision across the communities of Earth system sciences, high-performance computing and Machine Learning.
Starting on 9 January 2023
Tier 1 - ML in Weather & Climate
- Identify key concepts in Machine Learning, numerical weather and climate prediction.
- Describe the main topics in numerical weather and climate prediction, and the relevance of Machine Learning in each.
- Understand the added value and limitations of Machine Learning in weather and climate.
Tier 2 - Concepts of Machine Learning
- Learn and apply the most important ML techniques relevant to ML in weather and climate applications.
- Select and design ML workflows and apply them to simplified real-world problems.
Tier 3 - Practical ML applications in Weather & Climate
- Discover the state of the art ML research throughout the key applications of numerical weather and climate predictions.
- Gain practical experience in the use of code and data in real research projects.
- Develop a real case study in at least one of the main topics of numerical weather and climate prediction, by applying the practical application of ML workflows.
Register now for the free
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) by ECMWF